Last updated May 2018.
For the purposes of data protection, this policy refers to the 1998 Data Protection Act until 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any subsequent, and successor, legislation.
Celtic Collections LTD is the data controller of the personal information we hold about you.
What is personal information?
Personal information, or personal data, refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not refer to anonymous data. Anonymous data is information where any personal identifiers have been removed.
What information do we collect?
- When you purchase from us at www.celticcollections.com we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment details.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will also store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address.
- Celtic Collections and third-party providers of advertisements may also collect information regarding your visit to www.celticcollections.com. This may include where you are geographically, how you were referred to us (e.g. search engines or email marketing), your browser and device type, the pages you viewed, the duration of your visit and any search terms used. This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- To process your order including delivery, payment and returns.
- Online account holders require an email address and password to access their account.
- To send you special offers and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time.
- Any information we collect about customers' browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the Celtic Collections website and the products and services offered to our customers.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Why do we contact you?
- If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about exciting new product launches, artist information, sales and offers which are exclusive to our Contact List. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time – see below for more details.
- When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
- If using our click & collect service you will be notified by email and SMS when your order is ready to collect.
- We will also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
- If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
- We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
- Where you contact us via social media to make an inquiry, we will respond via the email you have provided when you placed your order.
- If you purchase an item in one of our stores and consent to an electronic receipt this will be sent via email.
What are your rights?
The right of access - You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to:
185 Rathmines Rd Lower
In the first instance, we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We will without delay and within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
- confirm what personal data we hold about you;
- provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format if the request is made electronically.
- provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Data portability – in addition to your access right you can require us to provide a copy of your information that we hold in a commonly used machine-readable format.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten) You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our online sign up form, when you create an account or during the checkout process. Simply tick the opt-in box at any of these stages.
Marketing communications may be sent by either electronically via email or physically through the post. If you have an online account you can choose your preferences for each or opt-in/opt-out.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications?
All Celtic Collections customers have the choice to refine or opt out of receiving marketing communications from us.
If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications or log into your account to change your preferences.
The bit we cannot control…
Third party sites: Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by most browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If enabled, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn't tracked. Tracking is used for a wide variety of reasons ranging from social or advertising networks measuring effectiveness or third-party analytical services such as Google Analytics to improve customer experience and provide statistical analysis.
At present there is not an industry-wide uniform standard that has been agreed and adapted to determine how DNT requests should be managed. As a result, celticcollections.com does not currently respond to DNT requests. We will continue to review our DNT process and other new technologies.
SSL and encryption
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorized parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
185 Rathmines Rd Lower